Windows and doors should be manufactured to meet minimum levels of performance for durability, weather performance and other manufacturing standards.
In the United Kingdom, these minimum levels of performance are defined by the following British Standards:
- BS644 – for timber windows and doorsets
- BS4873 – for aluminium windows and doorsets
- BS7412 – for PVC-u windows and doorsets
- BS6510 – for steel framed windows and doorsets
Certification: Weather Performance and Durability
The Bluesky General Performance scheme for doors and windows is designed to give confidence in windows and doors that are manufactured to meet the above standards.
This is done by:
- Testing of the product design to confirm its performance
- Audit visits to the factory to check that the products are manufactured to the specification that was originally tested
- Audit tests of sample products to confirm performance